The Ohanaeze Youths Council, OYC, have warned the former Govenror of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, to withdraw his former aide, Hon. Chidi Ibe for the sake of peace, from insisting to be the President of Ohanaeze.
Chidi Ibe, had declared himself the President of Ohanaeze, and despite the election of Prof. George Obiozor, Ibe has maintained that he was the rightful President of Ohanaeze.
In a Communique made available to MaaziTV, the OYC passed a vote of confidence on George Obiozor, and urged Okorocha to withdraw Chidi Ibe.
The Communique reads as follows:
COMMUNIQUÉ BY NATIONAL EXECUTIVE WORKING COMMITTEE OF OHANAEZE YOUTH COUNCIL (OYC) ON THE EMERGENCE OF PROF. GEORGE OBIOZOR AS THE NEW PRESIDENT GENERAL OF OHANAEZE NDIGBO
The National Working Committee of Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC) at her meeting held in Owerri on January 11, 2021, after a critical deliberation over the emergence of Prof. George Obiozor as the new president-general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo hereby resolved as follows that:
1. Dialogue and negotiation have been the only workable instrument to maintain peace and order when crisis arise at any point in time in life; therefore the peace agreement document signed between Prof. George Obiozor and Ohanaeze Youth Council(OYC), the apex sociocultural youth body of Ohanaeze Ndigbo has proved all the political blackmail against Prof. George Obiozor that he would not serve the interest of Ndigbo to nothingness.
2. Prof. George Obiozor having adopted the 10-point economic agenda of Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC) to pursue in collaboration of Governors of Igbo extraction, National Assembly of Igbo extraction and president of Federal Republic of Nigeria the following economic development in Alaigbo;
1. Functional Seaport in Igboland
2. Functional Cargo International Airport
3.Connecting Alaigbo to Functional Modern Railway
4. Connecting Alaigbo to National Electric Grid
5. Connecting Alaigbo with Industrial Gas Pipeline
6.Construction of Otuocha-Nmiata Kogi Federal Road by Extension to Abuja
7. Pursue the Call for Restructuring by Ndigbo and Nigerians at Large
8. Igbo Youths Empowerment Scheme through Ohanaeze Youth Council Multi-Purpose Cooperative
9. Establishment of Igbo Communities Scholarship Board
10. Cultural Revolution, Which Targets at Modernizing Igbo Cultural to be in Tune with Contemporary Society
Hence, if the above goals will actualize a new prosperous Igbo nation, anyone fighting Prof. Obiozor is fighting Ndigbo and must be seen and treated as an enemy of Ndigbo.
3. That Sen. Rochas Okorocha should understand the power of dialogue and peace by withdrawing Mr. Chidi Ibe from insulting the sensibilities of the most powerful race in the world “Ndigbo” and join forces with his brother, Prof. George Obiozor for the economic development of Alaigbo
4. That Sen. Rochas Okorocha(Owelle Ndigbo) should not in anyway be part of those destabilizing Alaigbo, but should understand that the unified interest of Ndigbo in 2023 is Nigeria President of Igbo extraction, which no one will doubt his capacity.
5. That Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) of Alaigbo should understand their call to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ which is the supreme calling, therefore, Southeast CAN should organize revival and evangelical crusade not to be organizers of socio-cultural organization. It is humiliating to christian faith and unacceptable by Igbo youths for Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN) too meddle into the affairs or politics of Ohanaeze Ndigbo. We must separate religion from Ohanaeze Ndigbo, because Ndigbo understands fundamentally the right of religion and worship.
6. That the Christian Association of Nigeria of Igbo origin(Southeast CAN), should understand that we have Traditional Worshippers of Igbo origin, therefore, if Traditional Worshippers, Ndi Ogommuo of Igbo extraction or Southeast Association of Chief-Priests will organize their own committee as Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN) southeast planned to do, Alaigbo will be in a religious, social and political chaos. We therefore advice President of Christian Association of Igbo Ministers ably led by Solomon Okorie to remove his hand in any attempt to set a bad precedence in Alaigbo.
7. That all the aggrieved individual or group on the outcome of the election of Ohanaeze Ndigbo should articulate their proposal on how to make Alaigbo economically viable and great and submit to Prof. George Obiozor whom has accepted to unify Ndigbo for economic purpose.
8. That Igbo youths through our long-aged suffering, neglect, injustice, killing of our pro-Bafran youths(IPOB & MASSOB) by Nigeria government, marginalization, and unemployment would not tolerate any individual or group with selfish interest to undermine collective interest of Ndigbo. We have defined a way to get rid of such personalities or group from Igbo land for it is no longer going to be business as usual.
9. That OYC appeal to Arch. Bishop AJV Obinna, Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma and Bishop Onubuogu to advice Southeast Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN) and Christian Association of Igbo Ministers not to ridicule Christians in Igbo land by becoming tools in the hand of political profiteers to throw Alaigbo into religious crisis and social anarchy.
10. OYC therefore call on the erudite diplomat of international repute, Prof. George Obiozor, the president-general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo to immediately extend an olive branch of peace to his fellow aspirants Dr. Jeo Nwaorgu, Dr. Chris Asoluka, Prof. Chidi Osuagwu, Prof. Ukachukwu Awuzie, Barr. Goddy Uwazurike, Chief Valentine Oparaocha, Chief Richard Ozobu, Bar. Uche Okwukwu, Chuks Ibegbu and many aggrieved constestants to give them responsibilities in Ohanaeze Ndigbo and brainstorm on key issues that will place Alaigbo to a height of socio-political cum economic development.
11. OYC, therefore, massively support the emergence of Prof. George Obiozor and urged him to shock Ndigbo, those who doubted his sincerity of purpose and the rest of the world by removing the crown of thorns which Ndigbo had worn since 1970 and replace it with a crown of Gold.
12. OYC also appeal to Ndigbo to maintain trust and confident in Prof. George Obiozor-led Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
Communiqué Drafting Committee
Prophet Nwaokoro Felix Alagbaoso
Comr. Obiya Sabastine
Chairman OYC Ebonyi State
Comr. Igboayaka O. Igboayaka
National President OYC
Dr. Chiesonu Iziga-Eruchalu
National Vice President
Comr. Augustina Chukwura
Deputy Chairman OYC Delta State
Comr. Chinaka Joseph Chinedu
Chairman OYC Imo State
Comr. Nweke Cedrick Ifeanyichukwu
National Asst. Sec OYC